Friday, September 18, 2009

Uber Good Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cameras


I know I'm old when I had to consult the user manual for my camera to learn how to put my camera in macro mode. Additionally, I had to call my mom and ask if I should look for "micro" or "macro," but to my defense photography has always been her thing and not mine.
But on to better things...I made Chocolate Chip Cookies last night! And boy were they (as usual) scrumpcious. In fact they were so scrumpcious, the one pictured the right was the last one left.
I had my first uber proud moment as a "baker" tonight at dinner. Hubby and I went to our favorite spot for sushi tonight and when the waitress asked if we wanted dinner, we graciously declined and I said, "nope, I made chocolate chip cookies last night and they are waiting for us." Then we went on to have a discussion about how she always burns them and I asked what type of oven she has and how long she cooked them for when she said that she has an electrical oven and she goes by smell. I proudly told her that 10 minutes is a good average time too cook them, however depending upon your batter if it is runny you'll want to shorten the cook time where as if it is thick you may want to cook them a touch longer.
Uber Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 C Butter
3/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
1 tsp Madagascar Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
2 C Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in mixer. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt till well combined. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Once combined, mix in chocolate chips. Bake for approximately 10 minutes on cookie sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment